“Why do I need security cameras on my home?” or “I don’t need security cameras at home I have a dog that will protect my home.” These are very common statements that we hear but now a days we hear more and more of criminals breaking into homes, stealing mail or packages off of porches and coming up on the holiday season we can’t tell you how many stories we have heard about people who have their entire family gifts stolen right out of their living room. We don’t tell you this to scare you just to say that it is not just businesses that can be victim to theft or vandalism. The career criminals that are out there know exactly how to get around dogs and can be in and out of your home in no time. They bring treats for your dog, sometimes even laced with poison or sleeping aids to put the dog to sleep long enough for them to get what they came for. We have taken the time to just personally research on youtube the number of videos of criminals caught on tape and as a result they are charged and taken off of the street so they cannot do this to anyone else. Their very selfish motives can cause a person to feel extremely helpless when they come home to find that the holiday gifts they worked hard to be able to buy have vanished right before their eyes. The police come and they make a report and then they say that if there are any leads they will let you know. More often than not it is never the case. The items are gone and there is nothing they can do… But wait… there is if you have cameras. If these crooks are caught on camera then they can get the footage to the proper people to try to identify the people who have violated you in the most inconsiderate way. Every day less people are getting away with this kind of crime because of systems like ours. With our state of the art technology we can cover every nook and cranny and if the worst case scenario happens to you your cameras will provide the video evidence you need to find out who did this and to possibly recover the items you had taken from you. Having cameras on the outside of your home will prevent your very valuable packages coming from friends and family will also be secure and will get to you the way they were supposed to. If you want to be sure that your Holidays are happy, and that no one can take the things you worked hard to buy, then give us a call or fill out our short contact form. We do free security evaluations and can tell you exactly where your vulnerabilities lye and how to cover those areas so that if it does ever happen to you the evidence will not lie and criminals will not prevail!
- Check Connections – Tighten connections where each security camera attaches to the cable as well as where the cable feeds into the DVR to make sure that they have not come loose or become brittle. Loose connections are one of the most common causes of image loss.
- Check the Power Supply – If your system is an older one, inspect the power supply on each camera as well as the DVR power supply and surge protector (if you are using one) for defects overheating and or exposed wires. On older camera power supply boxes, you may find individual fuses that can occasionally burn out. Newer systems are fuse free and have a re-settable power supply. (Similar to a hair dryer) Also newer cameras often times have the power run through the same cable that feeds into the DVR. In this case again just look for exposed wires, or any defects in the rubber housing that covers the cables. If your cameras are the older type, this is a good time to inquire about upgrading your system.
- Clean out dust & Debris – Often times dust accumulates in the most inconvenient places including on the lens of your surveillance cameras. Dust on the camera lens can distort the image, or simply make it hazy and difficult to see. The solution? Take out a duster and gently wipe the lens clean periodically to keep dust from causing problems. Dust can also build up in the housing of your DVR and lock box if you use one. From time to time just like your computer or laptop you want to get in there and blow out the dust to make sure that all the fans and motors that keep your DVR running are moving properly and the fans continue cooling like they are supposed to. One of the most common Service calls we get is the DVR/NVR overheating and that most often is because the fan is not working properly and needs to be cleaned or replaced.
- Inspect Outdoor Cameras – If you have outdoor cameras, check the weatherproof housing for dirt and debris build up. Check the seals and the bushings that make it weather-tight to ensure they aren’t dry or cracked, if they are or if it seems don’t fit correctly, look into replacing the housing. Damaged seals will allow moisture and humidity into the camera, causing damage. Wipe the seal down with a dry cloth if it looks dirty. Again inspect the cables just like your indoor cameras only with outside cables you also have to look for damage done by pests like squirrels, birds, rodents and bugs.
- Reboot Your System – Like any computer-based system, most surveillance systems benefit from a regular reboot to allow the system to cool down. Reboots also provide the opportunity for your system to install firmware updates and restart in order for those changes to take effect.
CCTV systems don’t require a lot of routine maintenance although these few simple steps can help prolong the life of your surveillance system with very little effort on your part and can save you money in the long run when you don’t have to pay someone to come out and repair or replace your equipment. We recommend taking these steps at least every few months if not more regularly to ensure continuous coverage and a long lasting system
To define security you could go the old fashion route and look up the dictionary definition and it will tell you that Security means safety and freedom from harm, anxiety and doubt or precautions taken to protect yourself from the same. To take this definition to the next level you need to really evaluate what the word means to you individually.
As a homeowner, security most likely means that your property, family and pets are safe and free from harm. Security means that you have the peace of mind knowing that when you are not home you don’t have to worry that an outside force is not damaging or destroying what you value the most. We all work hard for the things that we value most. As a parent, you want to know that if your children are at home they are not at risk or that they are not doing something that you would not approve of if you were home. Some people even have the same concerns when it comes to their pets. Not everyone has children and as pet owners pets are just as important as children and even more they are helpless to defend themselves against someone who would enter your home to take what does not belong to them. Criminals do not care who they hurt and that is why security cameras have become so prevalent in homes as well as businesses.
That brings me to the next subject. As a business owner, security means a great deal considering that when you own a business, that is your livelihood and a means to support, protect and secure the family and property that you value outside of the business. When a business is secure, the employees feel safer, the business owner can feel confident that when his or her back is turned, their livelihood is not in jeopardy. With security cameras in your business you can keep an eye on your investment at all times by monitoring the video footage onsite or remotely and know that if something or someone does not have your company’s best interest in mind you can take the proper steps to ensure the safety and security of the biggest investment you have. Cameras are used inside and outside of a business to ensure that all angles are monitored and if anything happens, that could cause the company undue stress or cost money to repair, is not unnoticed. The most common risk for a company is unproductive employees who are getting paid and are not performing to their full potential. With cameras inside your business the employees are aware that they are being monitored and studies have showed that the productivity of a business can be greatly increased by just adding a couple cameras. Outside cameras can monitor people coming and going from your business and for companies that utilize company vehicles, the equipment that cannot be stored indoors is also being monitored.
Theft and vandalism is a very universal crime and can happen both in and around a home or a business. The effect it has on the person who invests their time and money to have the things they have can be devastating. Why not be sure that if a criminal has the mind to destroy, steal or damage someone else’s property they are caught in the act. If you would like us to come evaluate your home or business for security cameras we offer a free no obligation site survey that gives you a good idea of what could potentially save you, your property and your money in the long run. Feel free to contact us by phone, email or our short contact form on our website and we would be more than happy to schedule a free security evaluation at your convenience.
Every day or every other day you hear stories on the news or internet about a security camera catching someone in the act of doing something. Sometimes they are caught doing good, sometimes it’s animals doing funny things that make our day but most of the time if you hear about a security camera catching something it’s because someone has done something wrong and is caught in the act. From discreet hidden cameras to the large cameras you see on the streets for traffic monitoring, cameras are becoming a big part of society today. For many reasons people add cameras to their homes or businesses to ensure that they are protected from criminals. Sometimes it’s not only criminals that get caught but people that you know and trust that change their behavior when you are not around. Nannies for example are getting caught at an alarming rate because of hidden nanny cams that catch them being not so nice as soon as the parents are gone. Times like this make us really sad and want to protect our children even more than we ever have. With surveillance cameras you will have video evidence which is admissible in court for any crime or violation that could come your way. It is very damaging to the criminal and even harder for them to dispute. Anymore the police department won’t even prosecute or investigate a crime without evidence and video is very compelling evidence. If you are concerned and would like to find out if security cameras would be a good fit for you or your business please fill out our contact form and we will schedule a free evaluation of your property to give you a customized protection system that will act as your own personal eye witness if you ever need it.
Many of us get comfortable in our lives with our day to day routines and commonality of every day being just like the one before. Then someone comes along and violates our comfort and “Peace of mind” by breaking into our home, business or even our vehicle as it sits in front of our home. Your home is supposed to be the one place you feel the safest and in today’s society crime is on the rise and it happens more than ever before. You wake up in the morning and go about your everyday routine and as you leave your home to go to your job, take the kids to school or even just to take care of daily tasks like running errands and buying groceries and in your very own driveway is the car you work so hard to pay for in shambles. Glass everywhere, the door open and your personal items scattered because items of monetary value is what they seek and they have taken what they want and left the rest behind. Your heart sinks and you feel violated. Even though most of are smart enough to bring in the items that thieves look for so they aren’t stolen while we sleep, it still feels like an invasion of privacy and most of all it cost us money to repair or replace the damaged parts of the car. Car break ins are common and no matter how or where it happens it is a very uncomfortable feeling. Even more uncomfortable is if someone invades your home or business. Coming home from work to find your home wide open and your most valuable items taken right from under your nose.
Being in the security industry we hear all the time that “Surveillance cameras are for businesses not for homes.” “Security cameras are to expensive for the everyday application of a home.” This is just simply not true. The story above happens on a daily basis all around the world. It happened to you at one time or to someone you know and love. You call the police and they come out and fill out a report and you have a choice… file a claim with insurance or replace the items yourself and save yourself the insurance cost increase because of course insurance is available but if you use it they penalize you by increasing your rates. Why are these the only options? Well because without proof there is nothing the police can do.
Here is another scenario, after finding your car or home disheveled and broken, you go into your house and go to the security footage. You now have something to go on! You have video proof of what happened and when. This is the proof the police need to track down the thieves that have broken into your car or home. They can take finger prints and unless you have something to identify the person who has violated your privacy or unless they are a repeat offender and in the police database, there is not much the police can or will do about it. It is a very sad fact.
Time and time again we hear stories of vandals, thieves and criminals being caught on camera and when that happens it brings us back our “Peace of mind.” Justice is served and one less criminal will get away with violating the laws that are in place to protect those of us who actually work for the things we have. We install surveillance systems in homes and in businesses and often time we get calls from our customers that because of our system, they were able to catch the intruder that took away their comfort in a split second when they invaded their space. If you have had this happen to you or someone you love has or even if it hasn’t happened but you want to ensure it doesn’t, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to come out and give you a free security evaluation and bring you the “Peace of mind” you so rightly deserve whether it is in your home at night, while you are away at work, on vacation or even just out for a couple hours running errands. Outdoor cameras are equipped with automatic infrared so that as the sun goes down your camera will automatically switch and give you the optimal view of your investment. All of this is just as valuable around your home as it is at your business.
We specialize in security cameras and we pride ourselves in what we do. We will be happy to evaluate either one for you. Call 720-535-5803 or you can fill out our information request on the side of this page and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Going into the holiday season, take the steps necessary to protect what you have worked so hard to buy and have as your own.
Do you own a retail location that uses a cash register or point of sale (POS) system? Many business owners who have a business that requires the use of a cash register would love to have a record of every item that was rung up, the time, the tender and the person who sold it. We have a POS system that can integrate into a surveillance camera system that when pointed at a register will not only keep track of your register, and if any cash finds its way into an employee’s pocket, but also is tied into the register itself and will show on screen as the items are scanned, the item name, the quantity and at the end of a transaction will show the total and tender. If there are any discounts they will show on screen. If the cash register is off after a cashier ends their shift, you could go into the video and see just where the mistake happened and if it was indeed a mistake. Everyone knows that mistakes happen but why not cover your own interest and the interest of your employees by providing an indisputable video proof of what happened and when. This prevents false accusations of theft and hurt feelings all around. If in fact the employee is stealing from the company then again you will have the proof you need to not only terminate the employee but also to prosecute as theft is a crime no matter how big or small. If you would like to learn more about POS systems please give us a call and we will be happy to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.
After all of the school violence in the past 10-15 years, parents and communities have requested more and more security for their schools. Recently we are hearing of schools installing not only access control but also surveillance systems to be sure that no one goes in or out of the building undetected. They are installing cameras and duress buttons so that in the case of another violent act they will be able to communicate with the outside world without risking the lives of any of the students or personnel in the building. As parents, the most important job we have is to keep our kids healthy and safe and when they are out of our sight this becomes the job of those we trust our kids to. Children as young as 2nd and 3rd grade have been reported bringing weapons to school and then you hear about outside threats like what happened in Sandy Hook where a family member of one of the teachers came in and killed 20 children and 6 adults. As a result of this, the schools need to be protected better. With surveillance systems in place the evidence to put these criminals away will be right in front of their eyes and could very easily deter the criminals from acting on their intentions in the first place. Crime is going to happen no matter what because we have a society that has in so many ways devolved and the best way to respond is to protect the people and things we love the best we know how. At least with a surveillance camera the perfect crime is becoming a thing of the past.
Cameras, however, do not only need to be in our schools to protect our kids. With our economy the way it is and the cost of living going up more and more parents are both working and even more of them are single parents. We have no choice but to work full time to support our family and maintain a comfortable lifestyle. So more children are home alone after school and in that case a bigger target for thieves and criminals. What better way to ensure that your kids are safe and secure then to be able to watch over them from your phone, tablet or computer at work? With a remote access surveillance system you can log in from anywhere and check on your home and your children anytime and be sure that they are free from harm and even make sure they are behaving the way you expect hem to when you are not home.
If you would like to get a free in home evaluation to see how a surveillance system could help you and your kids and give you the peace of mind you deserve, please contact us and we will be happy to come take a look and get you set up to protect your family.
- Dome – The most common cameras that people use. They come with a variety of different options and functions for both indoor and outdoor use. Mounting is easier with these because they can be mounted directly to the wall or ceiling in whatever area you want them in. These diverse cameras come in both color and black and white. They can be fixed to focus on one specific area or Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) so that you can zoom in or out and move the camera from side to side. The applications for these cameras are endless. They come in vandal proof so they can be used outside. They can come with clear cover or a smoked cover to hide the lens so that people don’t really know which direction the camera is pointing. This feature is commonly used in retail locations and casinos for security reasons. The dome camera comes in 2 sizes and colors so that you can choose the most esthetically pleasing design that fits your home or business decor. Dome cameras tend to have a clearer picture and are designed to be noticeable to let criminals know they are being watched. With the cover being clear on all sides it becomes the most popular PTZ camera with a much more affordable price.
- Bullet – Getting its name from the sleek cylindrical shape, the bullet cameras are used when a specific area needs to be captured. Mostly you will find these cameras mounted to the wall or ceiling to give it the best angle and stability when recoding. They are typically used inside but with the right casing can be used outside.
- Box – Box cameras come with interchangeable lenses so that you can manually choose the distance and area that you want to focus on. Due to the versatility of this type of camera they have many uses. Very common in business applications and outdoor application for the variety of options with various lenses.
- Spy – Spy cameras are any cameras that can be hidden or covertly placed to catch someone with out their knowledge. These cameras come in various types of objects as well as sizes. Things like pens, clocks, radios, stuffed animals and so on. You can also buy a pinhole camera and install it inside any type of object you choose. These cameras tend to be a bit more pricey due to the advanced technology involved. All recordings are stored on a removable drive like a mini SD card that you have to remove and download footage from. (Make sure to research your states laws when it comes to video taping people without their knowledge)
- Internet Protocol (IP) – IP cameras are very popular because they have very clear and crisp quality and they stream their video footage over the internet whether wired or wireless they have less pixelation and the image received is usually much clearer and it is easier to depict features of faces or identifying marks such as logos, signs, stickers or even license plates on cars. The biggest struggle with wireless IP cameras is the interference from other devices. Things like cordless phones, baby monitors, even cell phone signals can interrupt the signal.
- Infrared (IR) – Most people know that IR is an element that detects heat and can give you better vision at night. This is very useful if your main concern is what is gong on when you are not awake or at your business when you are at home sleeping. Without IR the room will appear very dark and the camera will not pick up many images. Only kicks in in low or no light situations. These cameras are most often color during the day and black and white at night.
Now that you know what some of the options are please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you might have and schedule a free security evaluation to see if we might be able to provide you with the best coverage for your needs.
Every day you see on the news and all over social media how surveillance cameras have caught someone in the act of doing something. From petty theft to felonies like assault and murder; in today’s world where cameras are becoming a more common site there really is no such thing as a perfect crime. They are used in banks to keep track of the money that comes in and goes out, they are used in convenience stores to keep an eye on the registers and inventory inside the store as well as to keep an eye on gas pumps to track vehicles in and around the station. This prevents drive off gas theft, or at least if it does happen it will ensure that the car that did it can be caught. These cameras have also been useful in tracking criminals and tracking the direction they travel by tracking the license plates. Cameras are on ATM’s, street lights, in grocery stores and more. The most common places are places that have high traffic and not enough people to monitor every person that comes and goes. In the event that you’re a victim of a crime in one way or another, theft, assault, or even an accident that you are not at fault and would like to find a way to prove it, cameras are highly used by law enforcement agencies to prove or disprove evidence. We see camera’s that have helped to capture images of faces at a crime scene, captured a crime in progress, and even capture crimes happening in the distance if the right cameras are used. We live in a society where there are a lot of not so honest people and the best way to protect yourself and to help law enforcement to catch these not so honest people and bring them to justice is to be sure that the evidence will be there to catch and prove that the guilty party pays the price. Pictures and video are the best evidence and are indisputable in most cases. It gives business owners great peace of mind knowing that if they are a victim of a crime there will be enough to recoup their losses. No in many cases cameras will not deter a criminal from committing a crime but it could give those of us, who are not here to hurt, steal or vandalize honest business owners, the comfort of knowing that if something does happen someone or something will capture the evidence to gain the justice that is deserved and hopefully get these criminals off the streets once and for all.
To find out how you too can protect your business, your customers and even your home from criminals please give us a call and we will gladly come to provide a free a security evaluation and suggest the best way to ensure you will have the evidence IF you are ever a victim. Contact us by phone, email or our convenient quick form on our website.
Surveillance cameras are placed in offices for many different reasons but the main reason is quite simple; offices are busy places and it is really hard to stop an unwanted strangers from going inside the building. In order to check the entrance and departure of visitors in the building, many companies set up security cameras on the main entrance of the building. The video recorded by these is handled in a separate room on a stand alone DVR and often times is available for later viewing but not necessarily monitored full time. It is to make sure that any stranger entering the premises is documented and can be useful in times when there is an incident that you need a witness to. The footage can be utilized to catch criminals in case of an incident like theft or break in when the company is not operational.
However, many businesses fail to take advantage of security surveillance systems and don’t realize their value until it is too late. They don’t think that security cameras can be beneficial for them.
How can one utilize these security cameras other than monitoring the entrances?
Check out different useful proposes:
Monitoring your employees: Installing security cameras at your work place will assist you in monitoring, the productivity of your workers. You can also rest assure that all workers are coming in on time and departing on time. You can check whether the employees are working or simply chatting with their friends. If you own a retail location you can monitor your register to keep track of all of your transactions with our POS system that can be linked directly into an offsite computer through remote access. Apart from this, you can monitor each and every activity going on among the employees, so it is really a helping hand for you.
Record your conferences – For most businesses, clients are quite important to a company’s revenue. If you have the type of business that clients come to your office to discuss important details and contracts, it is often times helpful to keep a record of meetings and details that could easily be misinterpreted if the information was not clear. You can easily go through the details and information with them and record any meetings with our overhead microphone application and then there is no doubt as to what was discussed on a very important account or contract. Through surveillance cameras, one can easily record any footage and conversation without any difficulty. You can easily use the information if for some reason the client decides to change something that was previously agreed upon. They can assist you in covering significant details about the business being conducted and can be compelling arguments if a breach of contract does take place in the future.
Utilize them near time clocks: Many businesses utilize a time clock to mark the time worked by their employees. However, sometimes, employees leave the office during their scheduled shift and come back at clock-out time. In order to keep on the safe side, one can put cameras near time clocks to monitor the time employees clock in and out as well as the cameras around the building to ensure that the times they logged on the time clock truly are the times they work. This way, no employee can take advantage of you as you go about your day running the business and it would be easy for you to take action against fraudulent workers.
If you would like to learn more about the different reasons as to why Security Surveillance Cameras would be a great fit for you then feel free to give us a call, send us a request on our quick form on our website or feel free to email us and we would love to get you protected to ensure maximum success for your company.