- Dome – The most common cameras that people use. They come with a variety of different options and functions for both indoor and outdoor use. Mounting is easier with these because they can be mounted directly to the wall or ceiling in whatever area you want them in. These diverse cameras come in both color and black and white. They can be fixed to focus on one specific area or Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) so that you can zoom in or out and move the camera from side to side. The applications for these cameras are endless. They come in vandal proof so they can be used outside. They can come with clear cover or a smoked cover to hide the lens so that people don’t really know which direction the camera is pointing. This feature is commonly used in retail locations and casinos for security reasons. The dome camera comes in 2 sizes and colors so that you can choose the most esthetically pleasing design that fits your home or business decor. Dome cameras tend to have a clearer picture and are designed to be noticeable to let criminals know they are being watched. With the cover being clear on all sides it becomes the most popular PTZ camera with a much more affordable price.
- Bullet – Getting its name from the sleek cylindrical shape, the bullet cameras are used when a specific area needs to be captured. Mostly you will find these cameras mounted to the wall or ceiling to give it the best angle and stability when recoding. They are typically used inside but with the right casing can be used outside.
- Box – Box cameras come with interchangeable lenses so that you can manually choose the distance and area that you want to focus on. Due to the versatility of this type of camera they have many uses. Very common in business applications and outdoor application for the variety of options with various lenses.
- Spy – Spy cameras are any cameras that can be hidden or covertly placed to catch someone with out their knowledge. These cameras come in various types of objects as well as sizes. Things like pens, clocks, radios, stuffed animals and so on. You can also buy a pinhole camera and install it inside any type of object you choose. These cameras tend to be a bit more pricey due to the advanced technology involved. All recordings are stored on a removable drive like a mini SD card that you have to remove and download footage from. (Make sure to research your states laws when it comes to video taping people without their knowledge)
- Internet Protocol (IP) – IP cameras are very popular because they have very clear and crisp quality and they stream their video footage over the internet whether wired or wireless they have less pixelation and the image received is usually much clearer and it is easier to depict features of faces or identifying marks such as logos, signs, stickers or even license plates on cars. The biggest struggle with wireless IP cameras is the interference from other devices. Things like cordless phones, baby monitors, even cell phone signals can interrupt the signal.
- Infrared (IR) – Most people know that IR is an element that detects heat and can give you better vision at night. This is very useful if your main concern is what is gong on when you are not awake or at your business when you are at home sleeping. Without IR the room will appear very dark and the camera will not pick up many images. Only kicks in in low or no light situations. These cameras are most often color during the day and black and white at night.
Now that you know what some of the options are please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you might have and schedule a free security evaluation to see if we might be able to provide you with the best coverage for your needs.
Homes as well as businesses face a very big challenge and that is dealing with the word security. In this era there is a huge need for a term called “planning your security”. A good security plan helps you to be safe and secure to all the threats up to appropriate levels. We as humans have become so security savvy that we tend to protect everything and believe me it’s a need. Starting from protecting your mobile phone to installing antivirus in your laptop to secure your information to having insurance to secure your assets as well as your own self.
Securing your home or offices with technological equipment is also necessary. Technology helps you to be better secured. Many types of equipment such as wireless cameras, CCTV, led TV, security camera installations etc have come up in discussions. They are of a great use as they are one time installations and help you protect your assets in a better way than humans can.
Wireless cameras are coming up after use of CCTV cameras and have become a lot more popular than them. These are very cheap as well as a perfect solution for people who wish to monitor other people living in their house for a short period or in some situations when a house is for rent. It is also a great solution for renters because it does not require permission to be installed as long as it is totally wireless.
From technological point of view we have come up with a solution that provides you with wireless cameras. These basically are cameras which help to transmit information with the help of a radio band and they work the same as CCTV cameras with out wires being used. These are more useful because:
- Easily mounted – you can easily mount it anywhere and because it doesn’t need wiring at all it can be used as hidden camera.
- Low cost- these have lower cost than CCTV cameras as a whole.
- Easily accessible
- Provides seamless video streaming
- You can transmit commands and functions.
- A wireless camera is also a great option for seasonal monitoring and surveillance. For example, one can observe a pool or patio in summer months and take down the camera in the winter.
Security Surveillance System provides you with both analogue as well as digital camera solutions.
Analogue cameras transfer your information using digital radio frequencies vs. wireless cameras which transfer information in encoded format over high bandwidth.
Either way you go, as long as you have the ability to monitor your investment then you can go about your life knowing that at any time you can trust that your home or business is being watched.