Things to consider when choosing surveillance cameras
Below is a list of a the most important questions that we ask when we come to your location for a security evaluation. We need as much information as possible to ensure the proper installation and equipment to cover the type of application required.
- Where is the system going? Is it a home or office? – This is helpful to know as the types of cameras used for different applications can be very similar but coverage can be more limited on lower end cameras that on higher end cameras.
- Are the cameras going to be inside or outside? – Many camera types are suitable for inside and outside but not all of them.
- What is the lighting like where the cameras are to be mounted? – This is important to determine if you need infrared cameras or just basic cameras.
- What is the size of the area that you are trying to cover? (Distance from camera to the end of the property and width of area to be covered) – Many of the lower end or Analog cameras are only able to focus on shorter distances. These cameras are great for indoor applications but not very useful outdoors. Then there are the higher resolution HD or IP cameras that will reach quite a bit further or even better, PTZ cameras that you are able to control manually and point, tilt and zoom to the area you want to view.
- What types of coverage are you looking for? – Are you watching over a cash register? Are you watching over an office? Are you trying to catch someone who is stealing your mail at home? Are you tracking license plates in a public parking lot? These are all different things that we have seen people use cameras for. This will help to determine the clarity that you need and range of view that you need.
- What is your budget? – This too can help determine the type of equipment to offer. If you are a homeowner then chances are you are not going to have the same budget that a large corporation will have. This can also determine the type and number of cameras to offer.
- How much time do you need to be able to review? – Some types of companies are required a certain amount of time be available on their camera recordings. For example: we had a client that due to the type of clients that they catered to they were required by law to be able to access footage as far back as 90 days. This helped us to determine the proper hard drive size and settings for the cameras to make sure that the footage was guaranteed to save that far back.
All of these are very important things to consider before sitting down with one of our representatives for your free custom security review. We take pride in everything we do and we want to be sure that you get the right system to fit your needs. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions or to set up your free evaluation today.
Tags: camera installation, camera packages, camera system, camera types, CCTV cameras, HD system, High Definition security system, IP camera, IP surveillance system, peace of mind, security camera installation, security camera system, security cameras for business, security cameras for home, security packages, surveillance cameras, surveillance system